Clinical hypnotherapy is using hypnosis for therapeutic benefit. Hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness. It’s a state of mind we unintentionally and automatically go into every day, for example, when we are day dreaming, immersed in a good book or falling asleep each night. The hypnotic, or trance, state is therefore a natural and normal state of being.
With an understanding of your goals, therapeutic work is done while you are in the hypnotic state. The focus is on beneficial positive change for you. This differs from stage hypnosis where the goal is entertainment of the audience (though still requires ‘consent’ to enter the hypnotic state by the volunteers).
Clinical hypnotherapy practised by a trustworthy and professionally qualified hypnotherapist is completely safe. Always seek out a professional hypnotherapist. It is legal to set up as a hypnotherapist without any formal training. Therefore they will probably be operating without insurance. By examining the areas of your life you wish to alter, the goals you want to achieve, the changes you desire, we work together. We use hypnosis to focus towards positive change.
The subconscious mind
- When you are in the hypnotic, or trance, state your conscious mind is bypassed and suggestions are given to your subconscious mind.
- The subconscious mind influences emotions, beliefs, habits and behaviours.
- There is enormous unrecognised potential within the subconscious and by working on it you can reach the goals you desire.
- While in the hypnotic state, the hypnotherapy may involve investigating the past, present or future to understand more.
- Hypnosis always involves giving appropriate suggestions relating to your goals.
- The level of the hypnotic trance varies (either a light, medium or a deep state )
- Feeling a sense of control, being aware combined with focus and relaxation are all a part of the trance state.
“He who looks outside, dreams; he who looks within, awakens.” Carl Jung
Clinical Hypnotherapy for Positive Change with The Power of Your Mind