Weight loss is the biggest New Year’s resolution. So how are you going to make sure the weight drops off this 2017 and importantly that it is maintained? Is it going to be about chance? Or is going to be through proper change?
Simple changes for weight management this new year
Here are 5 tips to start your weight loss journey ( 5 more to come in January):
- Do not starve yourself, eat enough. Eat 3 meals a day, every day. A small, healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner, (or tea, or supper, depending what you call it).
- Use a side plate. This helps to control portion size. Psychologically a full small plate is more of a meal than a half empty large plate.
- Drink water. A large glass of water drunk before you eat anything can satiate hunger, drink it and then wait- thirst is often mistaken for hunger.
- Teach yourself to be in tune with your hunger levels. Do you know what hunger or a feeling of satisfaction really feels like? Learn to listen to your body.
- Be your own judge or referee. Begin by watching and listening to your inner voice. Are you justifying that ‘snack’? Perhaps as a reward, a break time, a boredom reliever, appreciation for another person or a part of celebration, for example. Maybe your inner voice justifies that mince pie with ‘I’ve worked hard today and it is Christmas after all. I deserve it’. You can think a thought and choose not to act on it, it is not the truth.
Look out for 5 more tips in early January.
Hypnotherapy is the perfect support mechanism. With tailored suggestions for your subconscious mind, based on your lifestyle, you drastically improve the chance of your weight management being maintained. Some people have already been proactive and booked their initial hypnotherapy for January – great planning and commitment for their life. Contact Amy for more information.