By booking a therapy session with The Power of Your Mind, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. They are for the benefit of all of Amy’s clients and designed to ensure that therapy sessions run on time and that you are committed to your therapy.
1) Therapy sessions
- Amy will suggest, and together we agree, the number of sessions, during the initial therapy session. Amy may need to re-assess the appropriate number of session as the therapy progresses. Therapy for smoking cessation is two sessions.
- The initial therapy session will be up to 90 minutes and additional sessions will be up to 60 minutes. It will start at the time we have previously arranged.
- In general, hypnotherapy sessions will be block booked for maximum benefit.
- Arrive at your booked time, to allow for other clients both before and after your session, and to be seen on time.
- If you arrive more than 5 minutes late the length of your therapy session may be reduced.
2) Cancellations/change in arrangements
- To rearrange a session you must notify Amy in writing either by text, to 07846 376306, or by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of 24 hours in advance of the commencement of that session.
- If cancellation is less than 24 clear hours before the session then that session cannot be re-arranged and the fee is relinquished.
- If cancellations and/ or rearrangements are frequent, then together, we will assess whether it is appropriate to continue with your therapy.
- Missed sessions are expected to be made up, and paid for whenever applicable, so the appropriate number of sessions initially discussed are still taken.
- If there has been a 4 month gap between sessions, whatever the reason, another 90 minute initial session will be necessary.
3) Fees for therapy sessions
- The appropriate fee for the session(s) is to be paid via bank transfer or by cash deposit into the bank. Your full name is to be used as a reference.
- Payment should clear 48 hours in advance of the initial therapy session and then 48 hours before the start of each programme block.
- Session programmes are usually paid for in one installment but an arrangement of 2 payments is available.
- Sessions are only confirmed when payment has been received. If the appropriate fee is not recieved 48 hours prior to the session it will be released.
- Please read (3) above for terms that apply to cancellations and change in arrangements.
- Refunds are not made for sessions paid for, only rearranged if cancelled.
- HypnoBirthing requires a £50 deposit to be paid to book your course. The balance must be paid in full 48 hours before the start of the course.
4) Recording the session
- Occasionally audio recording of the hypnotherapy may occur with your permission.
- These, or other, recordings may be emailed to you for your therapeutic benefit and are for your personal use only.
- When working with your child an audio recording will be made of the session if you are not present.
5) Therapeutic goals
- Goals of the hypnotherapy are agreed together.
- Amy always aims for maximum gain, towards the agreed goals, in the shortest amount of sessions that she deems appropriate for your goals and issues.
- Each client is different so hypnotherapy, processes and the number of sessions recommend vary from client to client.
You accept that the hypnotherapy offered is on the basis of the information you supply and therefore you agree to be honest and give information to the best of your knowledge.
You accept that the agreement to work on your issues or goals presented does not imply a particular outcome guarantee though progress is monitored throughout the therapy programme.
The fees charged are for the therapist’s time which includes planning time before, your actual session, and post session time.
- Amy cannot guarantee the outcomes and gains of the hypnotherapy though this is always monitored as the therapy progresses.
6) Intoxicated individuals
- Amy will not start a therapy session if she believes a client to be intoxicated (for example, alcohol or drugs) and that therapy session will be cancelled.
- Confidentiality is maintained within the boundaries of the law and where it is ethical to do so. There are circumstances when Amy has a legal or ethical obligation to break confidentiality and disclose relevant information to certain parties. Please see FAQs for more details on this matter.
- To maintain your confidentiality Amy aims to not acknowledge nor communicate with you in public during or after your therapy, unless you do so first. However, it is recommended that you have a story as a cover in case acknowledgement is made and you have chosen to keep your hypnotherapy to yourself.
8) Gift vouchers
- Gift voucher appointments must be used before the expiry date shown on the voucher.
- The voucher, if for more than one session, can only be used by a single individual.
- An ‘Ego Massage’ voucher involves a brief chat to define the best focus for you for this hypnotic feel good session.
- When a voucher has been bought as a gift the session(s) focus is your choice, not that of the giver.
- There is no obligation to have additional sessions once the voucher session(s) have been used.
- There is no cash value or alternative for the voucher.